The Life Skills Series is being developed under the Permanent Supportive Housing Program in conjunction with Client Services at the NO/AIDS Task Force. PSH clients struggle with multiple challenges, ranging from mental and physical illness, substance abuse, and minimal education and job opportunities. The PSH Case Managers and Peer Support Specialists recognized a need among their clients, many of whom have experienced chronic homelessness, for basic life skills training and peer support.
Workshops are held weekly on Wednesday mornings at the NO/AIDS office in Mid-City. Topics include money management, health and wellness, effective communication skills, workplace etiquette, and more! . All NO/AIDS clients are welcome.
Classes are free and open to the public! For more information contact Cynthia Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 821-2601 x 538
EVERY WEDNESDAY, 11:30 – 1:00 PM
2nd Floor, 2601 Tulane Ave
- April 02: We’ve got the Power! Group Advocacy with Alice Reiner (NATF)
- April 09: Community Building with Cynthia Mitchell (NATF)
- April 16: Fair Housing: Learn What YOU Can Do with Sophie Rosen (Fair Housing Action Center)
- April 23: Stories by Us: Storytelling with Abram Shalom Himelstein (The Neighborhood Story Project)
- April 30: A Discussion with The Orleans Parish Prison Reform Coalition